Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Richard how can I get my Toshiba DVD to recognise MP4 and

Customer Question

Hi Richard how can I get my Toshiba DVD to recognise MP4 and MKV movies that are on a USB memory stick. I have a Toshiba DVD with a USB port but when I put in the stick it can see what movies are on it but cannot read them. It seems only to recognise JPEG.
Do you have any other advice. I have a TV without a USB port and would like to watch movies from a USB and would rather not have to purchase a new TV with a USB port. Kind regards Sue
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the model of the DVD player with the USB port please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Toshiba SB1020KB
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I get no models listed as that, can you double check that thats the correct model please? It should be on a label on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to go back to the DVD and get the right model no. I seems the one I gave you does not have a USB port but there is such a model. I will contact you tomorrow as the DVD is a home. Kind regards. Sue
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I checked but saw nothing for this model, but let me know when you have ut please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard I have sorted everything out. I appreciate you trying to help me. I cannot keep paying that amount of euros each time you help me sorry.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok.. no problem,it was likely the format you had but I needed to check the model to know this
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.