Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My TOSHIBA Tablet Model AT300 has developed a fault whereby

My TOSHIBA Tablet Model AT300 has developed a fault whereby the input instructions via the screen are not fully understood by the Tablet. In the process of attempting to use the screen symbols have moved, functions cannot be reached and generally the Tablet is unusable. UNFORTUNATELY, my pictures residing under 'Gallery' internal memory cannot be transferred to memory stick etc by my local 'Guru'.
My question - is there a Toshiba branch/depot where your specialist could save this data? or where my Guru can obtain access information please?
My thanks. ***** owner.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me exactly what you mean please with the input instructions via the screen not being understood?
What exactly happens here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The effectiveness of touching the screen is VERY poor. Only occasionally will the unit provide continuity to the instruction pressed. The unit declines quite rapidly when it DOES interpret an instruction. Frequently Skype and e-mail access is not given and if it is, access to a contact or file is not provided. Sometimes the unit has to be switched off then on to achieve anything!
The need is to remove the valued pictures prior to attempting a 'factory reset' to see if the unit can be then made to function satisfactorily.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
understood and thanks
Are you able to get to the Google Play Store and download an app?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, connect it to your computer with the USB data cable.
Tell me when you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alas, the unit is not with me at the moment, currently with my 'Guru'. Can we delay this conversation until unit here?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, all he has to do is connect it to the computer then via the computer as it comes up as a drive, he / you can copy the files over to your computer.
I have marked the question to never close, so any issues, just let me know here this is no problem.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service now by clicking one of the stars or smiley faces then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, Alas the solution you proposed had already been tried without ANY success. The purpose of my question to Toshiba was did they have a depot to take the machine for analysis. You were the offer they had. I have had to accept I have lost my historic pictures and put that down to experience. The factory reset will be tried to see if the Tablet has any further use. I suspect not.
Thanks for your advice. Colin Drake.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but can you actually tell me what you mean with "without any success"
I would like more detail on this please to see why it did not work and if it can be corrected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, Sorry for the delay in response. I collected the Tablet from mu Guru today. The attempted solution of collection to external computer was unsuccessful because the Tablet would not respond to the external computer instructions to export data from the internal drive e.g 'Gallery' into which the picture files were placed. The verdict was that the Tablet was 'Kapu. At this point I had to accept the loss of pictures. I asked for it to be Factory reset, but in that state it was not possible to give it instructions of any type. I have now lost my pictures AND the Tablet. The next move is to purchase new and hope for more success in the future.
The lesson of backing-up has been an expensive one!!!! My thanks for your attempt.