Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I want to change my e-mail address back to [email protected]

Customer Question

i want to change my e-mail address back to***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Could you provide further details about your issue, please? Are you looking to change the email address on any specific device, e.g. iPhone? Please reply back using the Reply box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
on my apple laptop computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK, let me forward your question to our Mac experts now. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, It looks like no other expert has picked up your question yet, so let's try and troubleshoot the issue on this page for now. First off, do you want to change the email account for which you send/receive emails (using the Mail app), or is it for something else? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want it to send/receive emails
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will wait
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I will continue to wait
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.As you stated you want to change your email address to***@******.*** however i would like to know does this email belong to you or have you ever used it before.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have used it before and still use it on this ipad.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
it means it is your working and active email. let me know how may i help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The emails on my ,laptop use the following address which I do not want***@******.*** some how ICreated the W which I want to delete from the address
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
you can remote or delete the***@******.*** by logging in to the account. however you can use the***@******.*** and use it as you want.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
How to Delete an iCloud Account from an iPhone / iPadto Open the Settings app and go to “iCloud”Scroll down under all the settings to find “Delete Account” (or “Sign Out”) and tap on thatConfirm the removal of the iCloud account from the device by tapping on “Delete” or “Sign Out”Note that the newest version of iOS uses “Sign Out” in the iCloud settings panel, whereas the immediately prior versions use “Delete Account” – the effect is identical, it’s just a change of wording. Both will log out of the iCloud ID account on the iPhone or iPad. Note this removes all documents that are from iCloud from the phone or iPad, but not from iCloud itself. Whether or not you want to save contacts and calendar data is up to you.Once the iCloud account has been removed from the device, you’re left with a blank iCloud login. Here you can either create a new Apple ID and accompanying iCloud account, or change to another iCloud account.