Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

Have inadvertently deleted thunderbird account on my pc. (

Customer Question

Have inadvertently deleted thunderbird account on my pc. ( That is, inbox,& sent box, have disappeared) . My present and only email address is still ok through " plus net" and also my "ipad" Is there any way I can restore the account and recover all emails from the thunderbird programme on the computer - please.
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Which operating system do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mozell Thunderbird
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
The easiest way to fix this issue is to perform a restore back to an earlier time before the issue.. Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.Search Control Panel for Recovery.Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.Choose the restore point before the issue then select Next > Finish.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just located this email elsewhere.!
If I restore pc back to a time before the email account was deleted , I didn't think that this would restore email account, I thought this move would erase all updates received beyond the this earlier time set and not files or other accounts including the email account would be affected!!.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
You're correct that a restore will not recover deleted files within an email account but it will fix an issue if you make a major change to the program.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Josh
When my account was deleted both the inbox & outbox along with the deleted account , does that mean those accounts are deleted or just sat somewhere within the pc and that I can get at them.?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Did you try the restore?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi JoshNo I am afraid to do this as they may disappear all together! Therefore is it possible to create another email address and then recover these emails to this new address?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
That will not happen. Please do the restore