Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My computer is making an audible alarm sound and displaying

Customer Question

My computer is making an audible alarm sound and displaying an error message SMEERRO9007QD1. Is this genuine and what do I do about it?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me the make and model of the computer and the version of windows it is running?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Toshiba Portege R700 and is running Windows 7 professional. I installed the free version of windows 10 last week but reverted to Windows 7 as I could not find a printer driver that worked on Windows 10 for my Lexmark printer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Its a fake alert that pretends to be from Microsoft.
Within which web browser are you getting this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was on chrome but when I log on something else loads. how do I see what that is whilst I am logged on to you?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You should see it in the top right
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
extra help please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID is###-##-####and personal password ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting