Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have a Samsung Smart TV model no. HDR -1000S/1010S connected

I have a Samsung Smart TV model no. HDR -1000S/1010S connected to ***** and am experiencing a recording conflict problem. When I try to record a programme on one channel at a particular time whilst watching another programme on another channel which has started at an earlier time I get a recording conflict warning at the time the recorded programme is about to start. This tells me that I have either to cancel the recording or stop watching the other programme I am watching.
At first I thought that this was because I had the Ethernet cable to the router and the Wi-Fi setting for the TV on at the same time. However having disconnected the Ethernet cable and used only the Wi-Fi system I found that the conflict warning was still coming up.
Since the Humax recorder is designed to record one programme while watchin another I am at a loss to understand what the problem is. Can you help please ?
Best
David Nicol
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
I am not getting anything for the model FS-HMX-01A-0001-B39C you provided.
Can you double check the model is correct what you gave me please David?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it from the general settings info in the e-manual. But I note that the HDR no. is 10108/GB/1TB on the back of the Humax device.
The S/N also from the device is 61(###) ###-####00892. Hope this helps.
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks thats what I needed to know.
Are you setting it to record a series?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just a single programme.
David
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I will continue with online conversation. The setting was just for a single programme.
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
While watching TV now, press Record on the remote, does it then start recording?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It asks me whether I want to record or cancel .It also tells me it is currently recording.
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, this is why you get the conflict message, looks like something is being constantly recorded which explains this
remove the power to the Humax from the mains.
Wait 10 minutes, then connect the power and try to record now.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have done this. Will let you know the results idc.
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would cause it to continue recording something even when I have deleted previous recordings which I have viewed. Is this a fault on the system ?
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It may have been a fault or corruption, or you pressed record by accident and never stopped it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it seems to be working now. It wouldn't do it at first then I tried again and it started to record something on ITV 3 whilst I watched something on BBC 2. It seems to respond to the old IT adage of switch it off then on again a few minutes later. Anyway it has cleared the glitch whatever it was . Thanks for your help. It is still under guarantee with ***** ***** so I might try and get a replacement!
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Pefect David, and yes I would go for that warranty replacement as this is not normal behaviour.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.