Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I,m trying to retrieve my hotmail account as I have lost it

I,m trying to retrieve my hotmail account as I have lost it since installing windows 10. I've tried Microsoft support, when logging into my account it doe'nt recognise my password, on trying to re-set my password ***** do'nt recognise my hotmail e-mail address after inserting the code they give me. I'm at my wits end as it has gone for a couple of weeks.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Could you let me know what's your Hotmail email address, please? Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm available now - please leave me a reply when you get this, and we will continue further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd prefer to talk to you on the phone, Ithought the £26 I've already paid yesterday would have covered it. I'm an old age pensioner and can'nt afford to pay the extra £18 or pay a monthly direct debit.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
No issues at all; I'll quickly get the Hotmail account password ***** for you now. Just a moment please, looking up the account now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Now, do you have a cellphone number ending with -06, by any chance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not now
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK; can you currently access your emails for the @blueyonder.co.uk account, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats an old adress wich I no longer use
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm; in that case, since you do not have access to either the recovery email account or the cellphone number associated with the account, it will be difficult to reset the password ***** the Hotmail account itself. Just to clarify, do you need to use this Hotmail account to log on to your Windows 10 computer? If so, would you like to carry out a system recovery, which will restore the computer back to factory defaults and allow you to create and use a new account in the process? Do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to get into the said account as all my contacts are in there along with some important saved e mails. I dont use it to log into my windows 10 computer. A new account will not help my situation as I'm sure you'll understand
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I see, all right. Let me open up your question to our other experts now, who will be able to assist further with this issue. Thank you.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your Hotmail issues. Since you are no longer able to access your account and the recovery options are no longer accessible as well, your only option to recover the account is by contacting a Hotmail moderator.In this method of recovery, a real person will actually look into the information that you will provide to prove that you own the account.Have you tried contacting a Hotmail moderator?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou Jess, I've never heard of a Hotmail moderator, how does one contact one?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back. In order to contact a Hotmail moderator, you need to be signed in to Hotmail or any Microsoft account like Outlook.com or Live.com account.Do you have any Microsoft account other than the Hotmail account that you want to recover? (Like Outlook.com or Live.com email accounts).If yes, please sign in to that account. If no, then please create a NEW Hotmail account or Outlook.com account, sign in to it, then let me know so that I can send you the next steps.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've created a new Outlook.com account, next step please.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and I am glad that you are now signed in to Hotmail/Outlook and ready to contact a Hotmail moderator.The goal of this step is to contact a real person who can surely assist you in recovering your account since the reset procedures will not be applicable to you.Int his process, you need to convince the Hotmail moderator that you are the rightful owner of the account that you are trying to recover and this is done through a message box. In your letter or request to recover the account, please mention any or all of the information that you can remember in your account so that the moderator will be convinced that indeed you own the account.Here are the things that you need to tell the moderators that will help a lot in convincing him or her that you are the owner of the account:The passwords that have used for the account, including the last known passwordThe date when you last accessed the accountTell the moderator if you are using the same PC and at the same location/place when you were still able to access itFew of your contacts email addressesThe exact name that you used in your accountYour date of birthIMPORTANT: The alternate email address shown when you try the RESET process, which is no longer accessibleIMPORTANT: The OLD mobile number on file that is no longer activeThe above information will be convincing to the moderators that indeed you own the account and he can assist you further by giving a link where you can assign a NEW password ***** account.To contact a moderator, please click on this link below:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/hotmail-supportIn the list of items in that list, click on 'Your account has been temporarily blocked'.Then in the page that appears, scroll to the bottom part under "My Account is still blocked" and then click on the "customer support" link.That is the form to contact the moderator. Please monitor your NEW Outlook account since they will be responding to you there!I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Jess, I do hope I remember everything I need to as I'm a bit long in tooth and my memory is not what it was,70 +.
Thankyou again for your help and patience.
Best regards ***** ***** New Year. Peter
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome Peter. I am glad to be of help. If you need further assistance with this one, just let me know by replying to me here any time. I will do my best to help you in recovering your hotmail account.Thank you for using our service.Best regards,Jess