Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I am running Windows 10 and Thunderbird as my email app for

Customer Question

I am running Windows 10 and Thunderbird as my email app for VirginMedia blueyonder service. I can receive emails correctly but it will not let me send emails from Thunderbird. I get the error message"Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoingserver (SMTP) smtp.blueyonder.co.uk was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again." Any ideas?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you in Thunderbird go to (Tools -- Options... -- Security -- Passwords(tab) -- Saved Passwords -- Remove)
Then reenter the password ***** asked and tell me if it then sends please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not asked to reenter the password
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It should have removed it from the registry.
Can you restart thunderbird then try again please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that and input password. Tried to send a message and got the following reply "Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.blueyonder.co.uk was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again."
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, repeat the process but restart the entire computer instead please.
Then enter the password ***** ell me if it now functions.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID 837 395 352
Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting