Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Windows Live Mail. I have an email address which is used for

Windows Live Mail. I have an email address which is used for receiving emails addressed to other addresses of mine. Within Windows Live Mail these other addresses are used for sending only. In the last month these email addresses are also receiving the emails although the accounts are not ticked for using for receiving and synchronizing. What can I do to stop this please?
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Only the old Windows Mail program has the send-only account feature, but there is a workaround in Windows Live Mail program.- Go to the Properties of each email account you want, and make sure the box is unchecked for the option "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing" (though you did not already), then then click on Servers tab, then edit the Incoming mail field; change it to something wrong (like NOop3.virginmedia.com or NOimap.virginmedia.com etc.), so that it cannot receive emails, then click OK.Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now trying to send an email from one of these addresses fails as the server is not recognized.
Receiving would fail, but does it continue and send? Please let me know. Thank you.
Close Windows Live Mail, then re-open it, then click on Email message then select the appropriate From email address, and compose, then click on Send, does it send?Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The email I sent has arrived so the work-around does seem to work although I presume I will keep having error messages when sending from these particular addresses. Not your fault but one wonders why such a useful option has been discontinued.
Sorry about that. Nowadays, for some reason, email software companies do not want to have send-only account feature any more. I think previously when the Internet was really slow, i.e., when there was only dial-up internet, they put the send-only feature in order not to slow down connection when send-only was needed. Nowadays, internet speed is fast, so they don't bother having that feature any more.If you need anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you very much.