Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Mail connection to my Apple phone has suddenly ceased. Am receiving

Mail connection to my Apple phone has suddenly ceased. Am receiving messages but Mail icon produces No Mail. Settings show BT Hub is ok and am receiving mail on my desk top and lap top. What steps do I take to reconnect iPhone.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
Can you on the phone hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.
Let the phone restart and tell me if it now functions correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Followed your advice but still get No Mail on screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to Settings, Mail and press on your Mail account and press Delete Account.
then go to Settings, Mail and add your email account back onto your phone and tell me if the mails now appear on the phone.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now having trouble with Yahoo who do not recognise me to chamnge a password. Will keep you informed but am increasingly frustrated
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, are you able to change your password *****?
https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to my Yahoo account had migrated! Have now set up new password ***** bt but presume this now ismy direct account for mail and that is to be inserted as my Add Account; correct?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is correct, so you add this account into the phone.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it.....many thanks. Need a restorative drink now!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome and glad we got you sorted!! You earn't the drink :)
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.