Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My Windows Live Mail does not function - it requires a

My Windows Live Mail does not function - it requires a password (which it never used to need) and no password ***** to work. This is certainly the result of a 'crash' I had this morning that Richard helped me with. Is Richard there please>
Pat
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked a legitimate question and request a reply.
Cheers
Pat
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
It was probably already put in and your email program remembered it that must have been reset. Go here and reset your password: https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
Let me know if that fixes your situation. If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The solution you suggest is NOT relevant to my Windows Live Mail. It relates to access to Outlook (or something else) - not WLM.
Pat
Windows Live Mail is the same as outlook.com or hotmail.com. Maybe I am not understanding I assumed you were having problems with an email account ending in live.com. Who is your email provider? Gmail, Yahoo, etc...?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike - my server is btinternet. I use Windows live mail and have grown to depend on it to organise my life/work(with windows 10). My email address is***@******.***. I have experienced the same or a similar problem before at times when my computer has crashed or when there has been some big problem. I had a HUGE problem yesterday which Richard (in your service) fixed for me - but before I signed off with him I had not spotted that my WLM was not working.
Do you have access to the info. about the problem that Richard fixed yesterday?
If you could take me through how this can be fixed, that would be great. I think it is something to do with changing settings ... I have tried to access info on community websites but I can't hack it. So hope you can!
Cheers, Pat
Do you know the password ***** your talk21.com email account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have tried all kinds of possible passwords and none works.
Go here and reset your password: https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/load_page?page=/selfhelp/pwdRst_username.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike - do you have info about the problem that Richard fixed for me yesterday as it is absolutely relevant?
By the way, I do know my BT internet password ***** it is not the same thing. But while you are answering this I will follow the link to have given me and see what happens. OK?
Pat
The only password ***** Live Mail would be asking for is your email password. No I don't have that information, sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - I've now changed my password ***** the link you gave me - need to wait a coupple of minutes now before logging in to see how that works - I guess both on my bt mail (direct) email and on WLM??????
... and...a few minutes later IT HAS WORKED!!!! Thank you very much Mike...and of course, you don't need to phone me! Can you 'turn off' my request for a phone call?
Thanks again,
Pat
OK great! If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Please remember we only get a portion of the original amount you pay no matter how long it takes, so bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No probs. Mike. Plus I have learned something with you!
All the best, Pat