Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I recently upgraded my i mac Yosemite O S software to the latest

I recently upgraded my i mac Yosemite O S software to the latest El Capitan release and in the course of doing so seem to be having a problem accessing my g mail account. Since I cannot remember my existing password ***** you let me know how I can rest my password?
TK English
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you trying to access the account directly in your web browser? Or via an email program such as Apple Mail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am trying to access by clicking on the e mail symbol at the bottom of the page in the normal manner
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but that could mean a few things sorry.
Are you accessing it via an Email program like Apple Mail? Or via your web browser such as Safari?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I am accessing it through my safari browser
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so you go to www.gmail.com ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I switched to el capitan i opted for access by safari and thats when the problem began. Previously I clicked on the postage stamp symbol and just got on to my e mialaccount without any problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... your referring to Apple Mail, and you still have that there.
What happens when you click on it now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the last time I tried my incoming mail seems to have stalled since last saturday/sunday with no new mail received since although it is coming through on my i pad
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you remove the account in Mail by going to Mail, Preference, click on the email account and click the - to remove it
Then click on the + and add the account again, entering your details.
If you can add it, it should then start receiving emails again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have clicked on mail, preferences and the -in the e mail account and deleted my g mail a/c as instructed. But when I click on the + it asks for the password ***** What do I do now?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Enter your password ***** tell me what then happens please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I will come back to you and let you know how I go on. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problem is i cannot remember my password ***** is what is causing the problem. I have pressed the minus button as you instructed and am noe left with only i cloud showing in my account
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you can then reset the password ***** my link below
https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/
Once reset, then use this new password ***** adding the account again on the Mac
Let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just received your text message and reset my password. But my mailbox is now empty and my internet account is just showing I cloud. Can you tell me how to reinstate my account?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now click on the + and add the account as you can now enter in the password.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Success at last. Thank you for your help. I got there in the end! My e mail seems to be back and up and running again.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect!
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.