Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have Thunderbird email. Couple of days ago I received an

Customer Question

I have Thunderbird email. Couple of days ago I received an email from Google asking if I knew two people. I knew one of them so I followed it through doing what was instructed. This involved Google sending me by mobile phone a number for id purposes and asking me to insert a password. I did this. As a consequence, I now cannot get my emails up and I have been advised this was a scam. Bearing in mind, I am not receiving my emails can you contact me either on the landline (**********) or mobile (**********) as soon as possible. Many thanks. Val **********
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Hi there Val and welcomeThis was a scam so we will need to try to get you back into your account.Please note, you can communicate with me here, on this web page, access to emails is not needed.As the first step, can you tell me please what the exact message is you get when you try to sign in?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Remote support sounds good to me. What do I do now - just wait for you to tell me all is okay with my emails.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have done as you asked and it seems I now have access to Mysocialshortcut but have not been asked to provide a password ***** ID.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
You do not provide one, your given one when you open the program and this you need to give to me please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have installed what I think is teamviewer.com but again I have not been asked to provide a password ***** given id.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
now that you have installed it, please open the program and it will give you the ID and Password ***** give to me here
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where will it be - it isnt on Desktop and I don't know where to look? Please bear in mind that I haven't got a clue about any technical things.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Its in your list of programs, so where you find all your programs and run these. And there is an icon on the desktop with the work teamviewer
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been right through Desktop and also those icons when you press Start Button and there is absolutely nothing there.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok then you have not installed it.... so the initial instructions where not done, or not done correctly.We will do this another way as it may be easier for you.What is the email address with the problem?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** last password ***** remember?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I haven't the faintest idea - as far as I can remember I have never had to use a password ***** Thunderbird and we have been using it for a number of years now. Sorry for being useless.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
its ok,Whats your phone number ending in 73?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
07891 994973
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
you were sent a verification code, please give it to me here
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
360245
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** reset your password, it isRichieJA16Make sure please to use capitals where I specified capitals.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Love and kisses to Richard. Thank you so much - 100% successfulVal xxx
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
your welcome!