Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a hotmail account, free. I am constantly being bombarded

I have a hotmail account, free. I am constantly being bombarded with fake messages asking me to give all my private details or the account will be closed. But did a real one slip through?
On hotmail I had my entire email data base for the members of the British Egyptian Society. Over 300 names split between 9 headers. This week all my group mailings have been wiped. Why?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Noel, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A Windows.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
This spam and phishing emails are common nowadays. If you kept getting these kinds of emails, then I believe your system is infected with some malwares.Can we do a Secure Remote Assistance so that I can perform the necessary cleanup procedures to prevent this in the future?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission to use our Secure Remote Assistance. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to talk via the laptop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My grandson tells me I am throwing away money talking to you. Please prove him wrong
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am very sorry but I do not provide phone support. I only provide remote access support which is better than a phone call since I can actually see your screen and perform the cleanup procedures for you while you watch your screen.Do you want this remote option instead?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid £20 to talk to you. Now another £11. How much more?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
No, the 20 for the phone call is still pending since I declined the phone call request.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid £20 just to log in. Not for the phone call. How much extra will I have to pay?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok... So I believe you are referring to the fee you paid to post the question. Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am quite desperate to get these back and against the advice from My grandson I will pay the fee.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have already sent you the formal offer. Please accept it so that we can start the remote session.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a55b9950-cfbe-49fc-9dcd-43dbe66b14cd2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess