Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I am trying to add my thunderbird account to my new laptop

I am trying to add my thunderbird account to my new laptop (Windows 10) I am unable to do this, as I do not know my password?
My name is Trudy!
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome TrudyCan you tell me please for which email service your trying to add into Thunderbird? eg: Yahoo, hotmail, Gmail?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
British Telecom
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** reset your password ***** TrudyClick me to openOnce done, then use this new password ***** ThunderbirdI can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.Else let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BT does not recognize my email address, which I have had for 8 years
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What is the email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
strange as it works for meTry this alternative link instead Trudyhttps://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/load_page?page=/selfhelp/pwdRst_username.htmlLet me know how you go please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no luck they are saying i have to ring, which i will do
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then they will reset it for you over the phone Trudy, they are just being overly cautious but it means your in the system and the password ***** be reset over the phone, then you can enter it in in Thunderbird.I will mark this question to not close, so any issues, let me know here.If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit. Thank you