Cris
Cris, Computer Expert
Experience:  Specialize in email support.
10156100

I have deleted or filed all my messages in my in-box but

Customer Question

I have deleted or filed all my messages in my in-box but they keep returning. What have I done wrong and how do I stop this happeneing?
Category: Email
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris. Could I offer you a remote session to work on your issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cris
I pay a monthly subscription for help. If I am needing to pay extra each time I ask a quetion it will become too expensive. Is there an answer to my quaetion without remote support?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologise for the typos
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
It is possible, I can lower the cost of the remote support. But I need to know what you are using for email? Outlook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - Outlook and my system is Windows 10. Hope this helps.
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Open the control Panel on your PC. In the search box type in Uninstall Program then click on it on the list. Locate Your Office Outlook suit on the click and click on it to highlight at the top of the window you should see "Change". Click on it then a wizard will appear, select Repair and run the repair on your program. After the repair see if you still have the same problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All done. Will now run program again and see what happens. I will come back to you regardless - but it might be a while as I have to gop out to get the Friday night takeaway. Thanks so far.
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
OK, no problem let me know the outcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cris. That didn't work. I now have over 2000 repeated messagses in my in-box. I need to delete them all and see what happens. As some of the messages are from 'files' and I need to keep them this is going to be a long process. I will do it tomorrow with luck and pick up with you when I see what happens next. I will get back to you.
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
OK let me know so we can pick back up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Cris. Just spent an hour tidying up the files (again) only to watch them re-appear in my in-box. Something fundamentally wrong somewhere, and I don't understand why it should suddenly happen when I have been using the system for weeks without any changes. I am out all day so will contact you again after 6pm UK time (I assume you are in The United States) if that's OK.
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is OK. I hope we can do a secure remote session so I could take a look into your issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cris. Please let me know when it is convenient and I will contact you in the hope of finding a solution. Will we be able to talk on a landline while we are remotely connected? Just so I can discuss things with you as we go along
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi CrisI will contact you again this evening if that's OK. About 7 pm UK time.Have a nice day
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
OK that works.