Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

Outlook Express 6 with Windows 7 does not handle my emails.

Customer Question

Outlook Express 6 with Windows 7 does not handle my emails. - It reports "The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0Dreports "
I have tried changing some settings in POP3 properties with no improvement. Please note that the address "*****@******.***" is an address used by an aliasing service I use.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.May I ask which 'aliasing service' you are using?I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, London.(Previously the Institution of Electrical Engineering). They offer a service, using their computer system, that allows any member to use an email address like***@******.*** or***@******.***. I choose to use it as part of a professional image, and have chosen the older version because I have been a member since about 1962, long before the change of name.
George.
Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded? Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The IET service does not have any software in my pc. My outgoing emails are addressed to my correspondent and because I give my address as***@******.*** the reply goes to the IET, who forward it automatically to me. I cannot recall any problem arising from it. The IET advise me that if my problems interfere with them sending emails to me they will return such emails to the sender.
Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.comAfter clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 54 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I generally use Internet Explorer for browsing
Okay. Did you follow the instructions for starting the remote connection?Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.comAfter clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 54 and click the circle button to start the remote application.