Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have a current freeserve.co.uk email address. used to be

I have a current freeserve.co.uk email address. used to be with orange; taken over by ee. At that time it worked and i got my email via outlook on my PC and ipad and smart phone HTC
Lately (over several months), i can no longer get my email via my PC outlook or on the smart phone - though it still works on my ipad and i can send and receive mail
I used to be able to access email on my PC via orange webmail service, and even when they were taken over by ee, this still worked. Now I can't access any of these pages - when i try any links from ee, it comes up with page not found or timed out error - is this since BT has taken over ee?
I have another BT mail account and btinternet.com address, though i do not use this regularly. I'd like to continue to the freeserve address as it's the one everyone knows. Now that BT have taken over ee, is there any way i can access the old orange/ee webmail service to clear old email - and preferably get my email working through outlook properly for PC and phone as well as ipad?
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Please go to the website below to access your freeserve.co.uk email:http://fsmail01.orange.co.uk/- If there is still any issue, please let me know if you have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already tried this link which i found myself - this was what i told you didn't work, so i am distinctly unimpressed that you have just given me the same information and it's cost me £13 - i would have hoped you could come up with something I hadn't already tried for myself and told you that it hadn't worked on my computer. Not impressed so far and£12 worse off.
I'm sorry; you did not write the exact website address link, so I did not know. I will continue to help; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. When I go to that website, it does open. Does it give an error message on your computer?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?Can I connect remotely to your computer, and check on the Outlook issue?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the website opens but when i try to enter in data it does nothing for ages and then says web page not available - this is on both a computer with Windows 10 and a different one with 8.1 - same problem. if you connect remotely, will that cost more, or is that part of the payment i have already made?
Remote support costs extra, but I can waive it for you. Please ignore it; don't accept the extra fee.Can you please open Settings app icon, then open Mail, Contacts, Calendars option on the left, then there, tap on your freeserve.co.uk email account, then scroll down, and let me know all the items for Incoming and Outgoing mail server.We can schedule a time for me to connect remotely to your computer, and check. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you mean setting app icon in outlook?Having looked at settings in outlook i saw thisincoming mail server: pop.orangehome.co.ukoutgoing mail server (STMP) mail.btinternet.com (BT are our broadband provider)When i tried the test account setting buttons I got the following error message.Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
Sorry, I mean the Settings on the iPad: On the iPad, open Settings app icon, then open Mail, Contacts, Calendars option on the left, then there, tap on your freeserve.co.uk email account, then scroll down, and check all the settings Incoming and Outgoing mail server, then can you make sure all the settings in the outlook program on the computer are the same as with the iPad, then check.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
settings on the ipad are:incoming:
host name pop.wanadoo.co.uk
username fadg99.freeserve.co.ukoutgoing
primary server stmp.wanadoo.co.ukother STMP servers
mail.btinternet.comdo you want me to change the settings on the PC to match these? and then test again?
Please make sure that those settings your just given me are for the freeserve email address on your iPad (not for another email address), then next, please write down the settings on the PC (in case, we need them later), then yes, please change the settings on the PC to match as on the iPad, then check.; if needed, look at the incoming / outgoing port settings (and other settings) on the iPad, and make sure to change settings on PC to match with iPad.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the settings on the PC to the same as the Ipad. Test failed
got the following error messagesLog onto incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
I'm sorry; let me open this issue to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email when there is a response from another expert. Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhen you get the error on your link, which internet browser are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have tried google and google chrome
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, what happens when you use internet explorer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried this - it took me to an ee page, where I put in a username and password ***** this took me to a page where i could restore my account, but when i tired this, an 'unexpected error occurred' message cam up and i couldn't get any further
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, looks like the server has an issue with your account.Call 07953 966250Have them check your account on the server as likely they need to recreate it.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The telephone number wasn't very useful in that it offered options that did not relate to my query and no other means of speaking to a human being. However, via internet explorer I went on the ee website and did the webmail check - and was actually able to access my email this way. still have a problem with outlook on the PC, which i haven't resolved - i may take this up with ee if i can ever get to speak to someone in personThanks for the assistance
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the number is ***** customer service, so you just needed to speak to one. But this was why I asked you to use internet explorer.If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit. Thank you
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs