Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

How do I block emails being delivered to my system? I currently

Customer Question

how do I block emails being delivered to my system? I currently have approximately 5000 emails registered as being downloaded to my address and I wish to stop and delete this action.What do I do?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhich email program are you using? EG: Outlook 2010?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
outlook 2010
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thanks KennethThe only way would be to sign onto your webmail hereClick me to openThen delete the emails there as this is where they are stored on the server.Outlook would then stop downloading these emails as they will no longer be on the server anymore.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have forgotten my password!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, please use this link to reset your passwordClick me to openYou can then use this new password ***** sign in.I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.Else let me know the results please
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do I do next. I have accepted your offer
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Don't want to sound thick but do I click on download teamviewer which appears in the main screen or on. on the too;download on the tool bar when I click download I cannot see install.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
When you download, the file is then saved to your computer.Once done, then run the file please and this will start the installation.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The ID is###-##-####the password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
connecting now
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do I do next?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Hi there, you disconnected the app again and this kicks me out of the computer.But we have reset your password, so now use your new password ***** signing in hereClick me to openand delete the emails there.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I click me to open I go to BT page.
When I now go into Outlook I get a message "IMAP server closed the connection"
and the send/receive note reads error. What I wanted to achieve was to not receive the 5000 odd emails waiting to be delivered dated 10 march 2016. and then to continue using outlook. Has this been achieved?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
If your not receiving the 5000 emails now then it will have been achieved. Are they still downloading?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As far as I can see they are not downloading. I assume the list of emails shown on the BT page ( approx. 9500) are the total number of emails received since the system started( please confirm) made up of those deleted and those currently still in the inbox.
How do I get outlook to resume normal; service?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
No, these are the emails you have in your account, thats what your seeing directly on the email server.In outlook, go to File, Account Settings and enter in the New Password ***** you changed it to.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I reactivate Outlook
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, Ill repeat again, In outlook, go to File, Account Settings and enter in the New Password ***** you changed it to.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have done that and I am still getting the IMAP message
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Can you restart the computer and tell me if you still get the error please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If I close and restart the computer I may loose you. Is there a site I can go to to get directly to you?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
yes, you return here to this site and post a message. The message will come directly to me.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK here goes!!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
thanks!