Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

We received the free update Windows 10 we originally had Windows

Customer Question

We received the free update Windows 10 we originally had Windows 7. We are having difficulty. I have a Kindle which needs updating before 22nd March and have tried numerous times to download update but cannot find my Kindle device on my computer. Can we revert back to Windows 7 from the Windows 10. We, my husband I are in our 70's and our use of technology is very basic
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please how long ago you updated to windows 10? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We got the free update sometime in 2015
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the id no is 123 456 789 password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats from the picture on the website, you need to please download and run the file and install the program please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having difficulty installing the programme I get as far as it downloading to the task bar on my laptop then it tells me to close teamleader before it can install. what am I doing wrong. I think I will feel happier not progressing with this and get a new kindle device.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If it asks you to close it, then it means you already have installed it and have it open Sheila, so please check it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh it is on my desktop but it is now asking for my partners id
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you give ME the ID and PASSWORD ***** is Listed there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
459 095 456 password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you