Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Charged my Kindle but it doesn't turn on. Was trying to instal

Customer Question

Charged my Kindle but it doesn't turn on. Was trying to instal the new information for Generation5. Although I have had it a few years I haven't used it a lot - just on annual holidays
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.Let me know the results pleaseThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen is still blank
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
is the charging light still coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is happening? I did what you requested and the screen is still blank. I would like your answer straight away. Thank You.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am sending them straight away Rita, I think you missed the last question... I'll repeat is the charging light still coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just comes on for an instant and then goes off.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, leave it on the charger for 15 minutes, then repeat the initial procedure we did and tell me if it now stays on please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The charger has been plugged in for 15 minutes and I have removed it and waited, then plugged it in again. The light is on but there is no movement on the screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Richard but does this mean that the £26 will still be charged to my card although a satisfactory conclusion has not been reached.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is already made when you made the question you made a deposit, it was for my service.If we were only paid if we fixed it, no one would have taken up your question. We can only go through and eliminate all causes which generally fixes it and if the problem remains, explain to you what the issue is and how to resolve it.This is what you paid for, I am happy though to field any additional questions you may have as I offered.