Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am unable to see my BT mail because it will not recognise

Customer Question

I am unable to see my BT mail because it will not recognise my password. I set up a gmail account and this has only confused the issue. I can see two messages from gmail and I can see other emails coming in via the mail symbol on my dashboard. How do I get back to BT account -reset the password?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi David, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?Also, are you using a web browser to access your emails? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using a Mac but I do not know if I am using MS Outlook 2010. All I know is that without using Safari and by using the mail symbol on my dashboard the incoming mail is shown.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry for the late reply. Can you please tell me the problem email account so that I can check your recovery options?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. The email account I am trying to use is***@******.***, however I do not see how I can use my gmail account either.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
David,Have you tried to access your btinternet email using Safari? This is just to test if the password ***** are using is still intact.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I use Safari what do I enter?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Use your Safari, and then go to this link below (or click it if it is clickable):https://www.bt.com/btmailEnter your FULL email address including the @btinternet.com, then enter your password ***** sign in.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea I have just tried that but it will not recognise the password ***** put in.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried to RESET the password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I will go back and attempt to do that.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, please do so. Click the Forgot Password ***** and follow the on screen procedures to reset the password. You will be given 2 options as to which profile to reset -- select Mail account.Keep me posted.Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
How is it going? Were you able to reset the password ***** your BT account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes ,sorry about delay I had a business call in between. I have updated by BT mail password, but when I attempted to access my mail on my iPad it would not recognise that password. I was also requested to update to Crome which I have done. As yet I have not attempted to access my emails-should I do to check if all is working?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, please use Safari to access your BT email. If you are able to sign in using the NEW password ***** you have setup through password ***** then that is the time that you can use that NEW password ***** your Mail app to fetch your emails.Keep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No tried everything but my BT password (reset) will not be accepted
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I thought you mentioned that you UPDATED your BT password ***** Safari?Were you able to successfully reset the password ***** Safari?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Safari will not come up at all
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issue while you watch?Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please do so
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.1. Please click on this link:https://join.me/2. In that page, please click on the orange "Start meeting" button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. After downloading, double click on the downloaded file to run the remote access tool to join me in the remote session.5. Then share your screen and then give me the 9-digit code that you will see in the small JoinMe window. I will be waiting for the 9-digit code.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you having trouble joining?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
No, I am still waiting for the 9-digit code from you.If you already run the JoinMe tool, please give me the 9 digit code that you will see in your small JoinMe window.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find the code? I have the join.me app open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right found the code 494-077-131
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Joining now.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
David,Thank you for your patience. Your issues were resolved through Secure Remote Assistance. Your emails are now working in your Mail app and in Safari.Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards,Jess