Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have a smart tv but have lost the internet connection

I have a smart tv but have lost the internet connection - which is bt, but still have the connection on my ipad and computer.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you please remove the power to the TV and the BT Hub. So unplug the devices from the power socket.Once done, wait 5 minutes, then connect the power to the BT Hub and wait 5 minutes.Then connect the power to the TV and tell me please if it will now connect.Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have disconnected the tv and the hub and have now switvhed back on now what do I do
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
See if the TV now connects to the wireless network please and has internet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my free trial and also my debit card details. Thank you for your time but I am not sure what to do as I am a novice, I need someone to come to the house to fix the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... I am a little confused by this response as you just need to see if the TV has internet now.... nothing special to do... unless its working now?And I am not really sure what your saying No too Pauline.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tv still does not have the internet.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ig you go to Settings, Network on the TV, is it connected to your wireless network?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, disconnect from the wireless network on the TVTell me when you have please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have disconnected the wireless connection
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youNow connect again to your wireless network, enter in your password ***** tell me if you then get internet please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is still telling me I cannot get the internet
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, on the BT Hub is a reset button, using a pin or paperclip, hold the reset button in for 10 seconds then release.Once done, wait 5 minutes, try to connect to wireless and tell me if it now gets internet please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still will not connect
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide me the make and model of the TV please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The instructions say connect to the wireless but I am already.
Samsung UE22h5610ak
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung UE22H5610AK
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanksWe will then have to reset the TV, this will return the TV to new so you will need to set it up like you did when you first recieved it.To do the reset, go to Settings, Support, Self Diagnostics, ResetLet it complete, setup the TV again like when you first received it and tell me if it now connects.\
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it still does not connect and its telling me to check the wireless connection but it is switched on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** now confirmed the issue by eliminating all other causes It is the internal wifi adapter in the TV that has faulted. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome