Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I recently set up a business gmail account as an IMAP accounts

Customer Question

I recently set up a business gmail account as an IMAP accounts on my desktop pc using Thunderbird. It worked fine for a couple of days. Now all of a sudden whenever I try to use it or view folders I get a "Login to server imap.gmail.com failed". I don't have any problems using this e-mail account on my mobile phone (android os) but need to be able to use it on my desktop pc. Any ideas why I can't now login to the imap.gamil.com server when I could before?
George
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome GeorgeIf you go to www.gmail.comAre you able to sign into your account there? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ID is 716 129 908 The password ***** ***** (Richard I had two messages to say I've been charged £33 and another accepting remote contact at £28, I am having to pay both charges? George
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, correct George as you accepted the additional service which has an additional charge. This I explained when offering the service