IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My outlook is not receiving or sending email. I can access

my outlook is not receiving or sending email. I can access the bt website to see my mail and I changed my password. it cannot login to the IMAP server
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please tell if you use Microsoft Outlook to access your e-mail account as IMAP, or another e-mail program?I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I use Microsoft Outlook to access email account using IMAP as previously when your dept helped with this they suggested this.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Let me know the error message you see; or we can establish a secure remote assistance so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The error message when I tried to send test email said cannot connect to server on IMAP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we can use remote access if you wish
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. Give me a few minutes to check something first, and then we can proceed with remote access.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. Are you ready now for the remote assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Here are the instructions on how to connect with me:Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program.http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7e5de4e1-62d8-4b73-92e8-aa85528e1bd0When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
We are connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Problem successfully solved via secure remote assistance!For any other issue, feel free to contact me again.You can now rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Regards,IT Miro