Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Windows 10: When I left click on the Windows Icon nothing

Windows 10: When I left click on the Windows Icon nothing happens. Right click works OK. It was working as it should.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Solution #1:- Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type rstrui then click OK, then the System Restore window will open, then click on Next, and restore the computer to any date before this issue first occurred, and check.Solution #2:- If that does not work, download and install the Classic Shell program at the website below and check:http://www.classicshell.net/When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried solution 1 with the following result: Windows cannot create a shadow copy due to internal error in other system components. For more information view the event log. (0x81000109)That sounds scary to me!
I'm sorry; that is strange. Please try the second solution below:- Download and install the Classic Shell program at the website below and check:http://www.classicshell.netPlease reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. I don't really understand what you wart me to do. I have looked at The Classic Shell Page that you gave me.
I'm sorry. At the Classic Shell page:http://www.classicshell.net, you just click on the words Download Now to download it, then open / run the downloaded file called ClassicShellSetup..., and install it, keep all default options during installation, then the Start button will work.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
If you are stuck at any step, or if there is still any issue, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix this issue directly for you.When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can now left click on the Windows Icon and get a response. This was through Classic Shell.
However I am still unable to create a restore point. Not a problem just now but is likely to be at some time in the future.
Great. That's fine. Usually, we can troubleshoot / fix any computer issue. And if there is any big issue in the future, you can always press at the same time the two keys Windows and R then type systemreset to reset the system.Do you need anything else for now? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for suggestion of resetting the system. That seems a step too far at the moment but I will keep it on file in case I need it in the future.
Thank you for all your help.
You're welcome. OK. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience,