Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I have a Lenovo Yoga tablet, which appears to have lost all

Customer Question

I have a Lenovo Yoga tablet, which appears to have lost all of its software. it was operating fine until we went to Spain in January. We were using it only for taking photographs and listening to music for an hour in the evening. We tried using it one day and nothing would load up. I have had the tablet in to a repair shop in Spain, and back in the UK when we came home, but both reckoned they were unable to repair. Can you suggest anything??
John Richmond
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there John and welcomeI see you lost your apps on the Tablet, but is it still actually working and functional?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, nothing is working at all, yet I have had the battery checked out. Both IT repair shops I have asked to have a look at it have said that it appears to have lost all its software!!!! Help!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** confirm, the Tablet is not turning on at all correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tablet comes on with the LENOVO name on the centre of the screen. No amount of tapping on the screen makes anything change on the screen. However when I hold the main on/off button and the switch on the side of the tablet in together the words FACTORY MODE AND SOME CHINESE WRITING COME ON THE SCREEN, BUT NOTHING ELSE HAPPENS.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, power it off. Then hold Volume UP and power until it starts and reaches a menuCan you get to this menu John?