Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

How can I get a new pin number? I cannot access my tablet Mdel

Customer Question

How can I get a new pin number? I cannot access my tablet Mdel K013(ME176CX)
Category: Email
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.You cannot get a new pin however you can reset the tablet to factory settings which will remove the pin prompt.Note all you personal settings and files will be deleted too.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Turn on the tablet and follow the steps from the tab screen1. From the home screen, tap your Apps icon, and go to Settings.2 Select Backup and Reset on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and above.3 Select Factory data reset. steps from the physical buttonMake sure that the device is fully powered down.Find your device key combination, and press and hold it to boot your Android device in recovery modeCombination 1 - Volume Up + Camera button.Combination 2 - Volume Down + Power button.Combination 3 - Volume Up + Power button.Combination 4 - Volume Up + Home + Power button.Combination 5 - Volume Down + Volume Up + Power button.Combination 6 - Home + Camera button.Combination 7 - Home + Power button Release the buttons when the device is powered on.You will see the device booting into recovery mode.Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to scroll up or down through menu options.Select Wipe data/Factory reset with the volume keys.Press the Power button to confirm your selection.Continuing to use the volume buttons, Select Yes – erase all user dataPress the Power button to confirm your selection.Your device will now be reset to its factory default state.