Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I need to fix my WORD software as it is telling me there is

I need to fix my WORD software as it is telling me there is a fault and refusing some operations. When I go ti 'fix it', I am asked for a code that I don't have and that it now wants to send to a defunct email address. There is no option to change that address. My current emails come in on***@******.***
My OUTLOOK email address (used to get WORD insatalled in the first place) is ***@******.***
(This could be gwen.wallace etc but I can't veryfy without losing all this...)
Please help!! Gwen Wallace
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Gwen and welcomeCan you tell me please which version of Word you are using and which version of windows? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you reply here please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have WINDOWS 10 and WORD came with Microsoft Office 2013 Home and student.
The Product Key it came with was WNH77-XPMVK-B4QMH-QTG97-M4DQ4 but my daughter failed to use andOUTLOOK email when she tried to activate it for me and was locked out. She sorted ti eventually and I;ve been using it for some time withoutt difficulty until WORD was recently updated. Yesterday (I think) I was told I had a problem with my account (see earlier question).
Gwen Wallace
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks GwenCan you press the windows key + X on the keyboard and click on Control Panel in the list that shows.Then click on Programs, Uninstall a Program.Click ok Office, Then Change, then Repair.Choose online repair, let this complete and when it has, tell me if it is now functioning please. I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clicked on DOWNLOAD TeamVIewer but it wants me to SAVE sayaing it's a binary file.
How long should it take to download?
Gwen Wallace
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, save it then once it is downloaded, run the file please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's listed as there but I can't find what I
need to click on to get it to run. Clicking
on the file just tells me it's there
Sorry to be so dunb...
Gwen Wallace
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its ok, press the windows key + EA new window opens.In the new window, click on the downloads folder on the left column and then find the Teamviewer file and you can then double click it there to run it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID 794 204 310
password *****
Gwen Wallace
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the follow up email re this problem. I am still getting occasional notices that I have a fault on Microsoft WORD.
I can de-instaill and re-install WORD but they will want a CODE to re-activate it. They want to send the CODE to a defunct email address and offer no option to change this. I need the CODE to come to my current email at***@******.*** Can you fix this? (at no extra cost as promised)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(see above) I need a CODE to re-activate WORD if I deinstall and reinstall but it wants to use a defunct email address.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you need to have the account changed, you will need to call 0344(###) ###-####ave them update your email address on the server and then you can receive the code.Let me know please how you go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Gwen