Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have accidentally uninstalled my Microsoft Word Starter

Customer Question

I have accidentally uninstalled my Microsoft Word Starter programme that was installed when I bought the computer. Is there a way I can re-install without a disc?
Category: Email
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Patricia,Office 2010 Starter is not on the recovery partition, so a system restore will not work. It is also not on any recovery disks, and is no longer available for download from Microsoft. It had been for a short period, but no longer.The Starter software was only installed once on the C:\ drive by the computer supplier, and that is it. There isn't any way to get it back again once it's gone.Your best option would be to either download a new version of Office which you will need to pay for, or alternatively you could use the free OpenOffice software: https://www.openoffice.org/