Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I recently upgraded to W10, and lost all my email contacts,

Customer Question

I recently upgraded to W10, and lost all my email contacts, so reverted to W7.I then got over 3000 old mails back, which I could not remove from my deleted file. Microsoft said reinstall W10, which I did, again lost my contacts, and still could not remove my deleted items. Yesterday reinstalled W7, got my contacts back, but still can't get rid of 3000 old emails. I am told that the Windows Live Mail is not good, and that I should move to Outlook. Is this system more reliable, and would I keep my old email address, contacts and messages. Thanks
John
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there John and welcomeOutlook does cost money so you would need to purchase it.But for the issue of deleting emails, what happens when you try to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
I get the same message every time "An unknown error has occurred". Many people have had the same message on the forum boards I have seen!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Click Start button (Circle button with a Windows logo it).2. Click Control Panel.3. Click Programs.4. Click Programs and Features.5. Search for Windows Live Essentials then double click it.6. Click Repair all Windows Live programs.Then tell me if you can delete emails John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just did what you said, and it still did not work. I actually did the same thing last week with the same result. I upgraded Windows Essentials from 2011 t0 2012, nothing. As this is so common, I would have thought Windows could have corrected it!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me please all steps you have done to try to resolve this.