Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I put on to my new iPhone 6 a few days ago. All was ok until

I put***@******.*** on to my new iPhone 6 a few days ago. All was ok until this morning when it would accept emails but not send them. After calling Virgin and Outlook tech help they suggested deleting the account and opening a new one because my email had been hacked. However I can still send emails for this address from my iPad and my iPhone 5. What can I do?
Category: Email
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

This may be a fault with the iPhone, lets check it first. If that does not work we can check your network/email settings.
Please try this first on your iPhone, follow these steps>

Tap Settings.
Tap General.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings.

You will get a prompt warning you that this option will delete all network settings and return them to factory default settings. Tap Reset to continue.
Wait while your iPhone resets its network settings.

Once the reset process is done, your network settings will return to its factory default settings. Your iPhone will also automatically restart. Then try reconnecting your iPhone to the network again.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did all you suggested but have got the message Cannot Get Mail The username or password ***** "imap-mail.outlook.com" is incorrect which is the same message as previously.

okay, we will need to delete and then re-add the email account next.

Tap Settings and then tap Mail. Tap on the problematic acount, then scroll to the bottom and select Delete Account. Go back to the main Mail settings pane and tap Add Account to re-create the account, re-entering your settings.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Had already done this and that was when I got the Cannot Get Mail The username or password ***** "imap-mail.outlook.com" is incorrect appeared. What next?

are you able to sign in on the email account using your computer?

I can reset the account for you. Do you still have access to the [email protected] account?

If yes, what is the full email address?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have tried to sign in on our computer and the message reads 'we're having a problem syncing dub408-m.hotmail.com at the moment. Wait a little while then try again.' Error code 0x86000c0a

okay,

If yes, what is the full email address?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

okay, thank you.

I had a code sent to that email. Reply here with the code as soon as you get it. The code is time sensitive.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I have reset the account for you, readd the account on your iPhone using this password> Hpdh833$

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK it has accepted that password ***** the Hotmail account shows on my setting page. However when I go into my Hotmail Inbox it says Cannot Get Mail The mail server "I map-mail.outlook.com" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings.

okay, try deleting the account again and then readd with the new password.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have done that and still get the same message. I am still receiving emails OK on the iPhone5.

okay, try this next> delete the account again, then

reset the iPhone Settings> tap Settings > General > Reset >Reset Settings.

Then readd the account>

1. From the "Home" screen, tap the "Settings" icon.
  2. Tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
  3. Select Add account > Select Hotmail
  • Incoming Mail Server

• Account Type:IMAP
  • Username***@******.***
  • Server hostname:imap-mail.outlook.com
  • Server port:993
  • Authentication: Hpdh833$
  • SSL/TLS:Yes
  • Outgoing Mail Server

• Username***@******.***
  • Server hostname:smtp-mail.outlook.com
  • Server port:587
  • Authentication: Hpdh833$
  • SSL/TLS:Yes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I followed steps 1 to 3 but then it just invited me to set up the new account with Name, Email, Password ***** Description it did not show me the Incoming Mail Server or Outgoing Mail Server settings page.

okay, go ahead with the set up then tap:

• Settings
  • Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  • *****@******.***

Then tap***@******.*** next to “Account”:

2. Verify the “Incoming Mail Server” settings.

Your incoming settings should look like this:

• Incoming Mail Server

• Account Type:IMAP
  • Username***@******.***
  • Server hostname:imap-mail.outlook.com
  • Server port:993
  • Authentication: Hpdh833$
  • SSL/TLS:Yes
  • Outgoing Mail Server

• Username***@******.***
  • Server hostname:smtp-mail.outlook.com
  • Server port:587
  • Authentication: Hpdh833$
  • SSL/TLS:Yes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tap***@******.*** by account but don't get the page layout you suggest. I get IMAP ACCOUNT INFORMATION (Name, Email, Description), INCOMING MAIL SERVER (Host Name, Username, Password) and OUTGOING MAIL SERVER (SMTP) and Advanced.
Am now going out for a while, hope you'll have the solution by the time I return.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Am now back - what is the next thing to try?

try the steps in the following order please>

1. First delete the hotmail account. Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calenders -> account -> Delete Account.

2. Reset network settings using Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network settings. The iPhone will reboot.

3. After the iPhone reboots, don’t add any WiFi network, until you setup your hotmail account again.

Setup your hotmail account using Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calenders -> Add Account. Fill all settings and make sure you will see tick marks, then you can add tour WiFi network back.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have done as you suggested (twice), having done it the iPhone 6 seems to accept the username and password ***** then shows all the incoming emails to the account but when I try to send an email it comes up with the message "Cannot Send Mail The username or password ********@******.*** is incorrect."
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Randy. My wife and I have spent all day trying to resolve the problem with our hotmail account on the iPhone 6 and we are in exactly the same place as we started - it receives emails but won't send them. It is late evening in the UK and I won't be trying any more suggestions from you overnight so perhaps this gives you time to consult others to see if this is a problem that has been experienced elsewhere. I presume we do not pay for the advice you have been providing until the solution is identified. Geoff ******
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this; we guarantee our service, so don't worry.

STEP 1:

- First, please change your email account password ***** the website below:

https://account.live.com/password/Change

, there, if prompted, sign in your hotmail email account with your current email password, then you can change your email password ***** and click on Save at the bottom.

STEP 2:

Solution #1:

- You likely have done these steps below, but I'd like to make sure you did them exactly on your new iPhone:

1. Open Settings app icon.
  2. Tap on option Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. Tap on your hotmail email account, then tap on option Delete Account and confirm to delete it for now.
  4. Tap on option Add Account.
  5. Tap on option Outlook.com.
  6. Enter your full hotmail email address and email password.
  7. Tap on Next and continue.
  8. Then open Mail app icon, then you should receive emails.
  9. Then see if you can send an email message.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try the following:

1. Open Settings app icon.
  3. Tap on your hotmail email account, then tap on option Delete Account and confirm. (And do not add account again.)
  4. Open App Store app icon.
  5. In App Store, type / search for outlook
  6. Then get / install the Microsoft Outlook app.
  7. Then open the Microsoft Outlook app, and enter your hotmail email account information.
  8. Then use the Microsoft Outlook app to see if you can receive and send emails fine in the Microsoft Outlook app.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you for your patience.

Also, on your computer, you can go to the hotmail.com website to use your email.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Email Tech, Other
Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have changed my password ***** the website as requested. Solution #1 was tried and didn't work. I started Solutipn #2 but then option 'delete account' was no longer showing so I cannot proceed. Please advise
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You have any suggestions as to how I can complete Solution #2? Have now spent the best part of 3 days trying various suggestions and am no further forward
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK, I have now managed to install the Outlook app and my emails seem to be working OK. It is not clear why the original Mail setting stopped working, is there a danger that the fault will re-appear on the App? Geoff French

You're welcome. Great. The Outlook app is officially from the company Microsoft / Hotmail. There won't be any problem with the Outlook app. But you can always get back to any time as needed.

- If you need help with using hotmail on the computer, please click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of computer's screen), then click on Power, then click on Restart, and check.

- If that does not work, open the Mail app on the computer, then click on the gear icon, then click on Accounts, then click on your hotmail account, then delete it, if possible. Then Add account, and enter your hotmail account information and check.

- And/or you can go to the Hotmail.com website on the computer to use email:

http://www.hotmail.com

- Another method is to use the Thunderbird email program on the computer:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Please let me know if there is still any issue or if you need anything else. Thank you very much for your patience.