Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I've bought a new laptop (Aspire E 15) and wish to transfer

Customer Question

I've bought a new laptop (Aspire E 15) and wish to transfer Firebird from my old laptop. how do I do this, the easiest way?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

The password ***** ***** your email account. Can you tell me please which email service you are trying to connect Thunderbird to?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I believe my server is Gmail
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

ok, if you click on my link below, can you sign into your account there?

www.gmail.com

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have done that a new account [email protected] .com
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

how do you mean a new account?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, I think I may have misunderstood you. Did you mean open my existing mail account on gmail?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

your existing account, to sign into your existing account there

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay, I have been able to sign in.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

ok, now try to enter that password ***** Thunderbird, is it now accepted?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Richard, sorry I have not been in touch for a couple of days. I had some urgent family matters to attend to, and was away from home. But I'm back now and have just opened the Thenderbird prog, but it is asking for my Master Password ***** the software security device. This is something I do not ever remember doing. Can you say what I need to do?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

No problem, we left with you entering in the gmail password ***** the account, this you enter in please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well, I've done that but it is not accepted. I've tried several passwords but no joy.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

ok, we will then remove it

To do this

1. Choose Tools -> Error Console.
  2. Paste the expression
    openDialog("chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul")
  3. Press the Evaluate button.
  4. Accept when prompted with the confirmation dialog box.

It is then removed

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Forgive my ignorance - where do I find Tools?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

It is at the top in the menu bar in Thunderbird

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry - got a problem which I have to attend to. I'll be back shortly.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Right Richard, back at the desk, I can't see any sign of a menu bar with "tools" on it. Have I opened the right page?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

It is in thunderbird at the top

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've got thunderbird opened but the top reads 'get message, write, chat, address book, etc - no mention of "tools".
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, it's nothing like tha.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

what do you see then?

Thanks,

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Richard, what happens now?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK team viewer installed. Details - ID###-##-#### ***** 5269. Hope that's all correct.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

connecting

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Richard for your patient help. I thought I was such dunce, but I very much appreciated your skill. Goodbye - Denis.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

your most welcome Denis, it was no problem at all!

Richard (Richie)