Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

What is Error Code 0x85050041?

Customer Question

What is Error Code 0x85050041?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dayn and welcome

this is an error in windows mail when it is unable to sync with the mail server.

To which email service is it connecting to?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, I'm not that technical. What do you mean by e-mail service?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

No problem, the email system that you use, so Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hotmail
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

If you click on my link below, can you sign into your account there?

www.hotmail.com

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, nothing happening!
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

How do you mean nothing happened?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Soory, no connection
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hang on, things are starting to happen
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

No connection with what?

Sorry I need you please to be more detailed in your responses to me, I cannot see what you are doing apart from your messages.

I can connect to your computer if this is easier?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
To expensive, I'm afraid. My system is telling me it's trying to sign in
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

yes, sign in please and tell me if you can

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have signed in, and I'm guessing it's still trying to connect. I also keep receiving pop ups telling me that for the time being there is no connection
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Wow, its all here.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, so you see all your emails there correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
indeed. New stuff and some old stuff too
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

ok, the issue is your server has a synch error directly with the mail app, it will resolve but takes time.

For now access it this way. It is a live view of your account and you can actually access it this way from anywhere in the word.

You may even find it is a much better method.

But you will want to use it in this method until the error from mail dissapears.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Many Thanks for all your help
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

your welcome

If you need anything else let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs