Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I just changed my password in my hotmail account which has

I just changed my password ***** my hotmail account which has worked perfectly for years. I have hundred of emails there that I need to access and now I can't get into it as all I get is an outlook account. Serious problem. Up tilnow I have typed hotmail into my browser bar and it's gone straight there AAAAAh!!!
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Madeleine and welcome

Outlook is the new Hotmail that microsoft have implemented. They switched over to this new system but your account and its information remains the same, and you should be able to sign in as normal.

Go to outlook.com and sign in with your standard hotmail account details.

What then happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying this now I'll let yo know in a minute.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It hasn't worked I get cycled run to a new account which has none of my emails
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, it looks like you created a new account by accident.

Click on your name in the top right and click sign out.

Now enter in your original hotmail account address please

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll continue this way. I signed out and signed in again. I get to an MSN page (I now understand why Steve Jobs hated microsoft!) and when I click outlook.com (which I'm thinking is the email page) Safari won't open it because it tells me that there has been too many redirects
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Close safari please, then reopen it and go to www.outlook.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will take me to Facebook, it will take me to maps.... it will take me to my Twitter account but it blooming well will not let me into the only one I want which is my hotmail account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I close safari I will lose you how do I get you back?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Note the web page at the top please then you can return here and post a message.

I can also connect to your computer and do this for you if you wish?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the offer but I cannot afford any more so I've taken the web address and will close safari and try again.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worked and thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

your most welcome

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit