Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

My Mustek A3 2400s scanner worked before it went into

Customer Question

My Mustek A3 2400s scanner worked before it went into storage. I am struggling to get it working again as the carriage gets stuck on the return and won't budge without me opening the back and pushing it back. Iy will scan again then but get stuck again.
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When the carriage gets stuck, does an error code of any sort show up on either the computer or esp. on the scanner itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just get scanner was not ready please try again. The scanner is making squeeling noises and the carriage isn't moving
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Latest is "Scanning carriage failed to reset"