Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am blocked from logging in to my hotmail account following

Customer Question

I am blocked from logging in to my hotmail account following a holiday abroad.Can you please help ?
Alan Morris
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why should I have this problem at all ?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me your problem hotmail account so that I can check your recovery options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

When was the last time you were able to login to the account?

Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome to access your Hotmail? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jess.It seems to be sorted now on my laptop.Don't know why I did not have a similar problem on my iphone.RegardsAlan
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alan,

I checked your recovery option and initiated the reset to refresh your account. I believe the issue was temporary only, some hotmail server trouble which means, the problem is not from your end and your Hotmail account should be intact.

Also, I highly recommend updating your security information like your alternate email address to ensure that you can recover your account if it is compromised. I have checked and your recovery email there is an email ending with @virgin.net. I hope you are still able to access this virgin email account.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess