technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

Emails coming into my Apple tablet and Mobile phone, but not

Emails coming into my Apple tablet and Mobile phone, but not my Toshiba Laptop.
When request "send & receive" get message from" pop.gmail.com" asking for a password.
Clears only 3 out of 4 messages on screen, no emails on laptop since yesterday but received on tablet.
Got a message from google G-150192, do not know if this is anything to do with it.
Category: Email
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Have you tried logging in to your gmail account directly from your laptop to see what emails are in the box and/or marked as read?

If not, please do this. From any computer , open a browser, and go to

http://mail.google.com

Then login with your email address and password. Please then reply back to me to let me know what you see in the inbox. Thank You.

technicalcat, Consultant
Experience: 20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went to google, keyed in gmail address, & password. Would not accept.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another option is that I take the laptop to local software man late next week .

Understood. Will you be available tomorrow for a remote connection? If so , please let me know the time ESP.

EST

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Give me a time tomorrow and I will ensure I am home.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As no time has been agreed, how about 11am tomorrow morning.
John Timms

Sorry, I was actually away, which is why I asked to schedule a time. 11am should be fine, but if I am not online for some reason, please check back as I will likely be on from about 11am til about 3:30pm tomorrow. Thank you for your patience!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will switch on laptop at 11am, also Apple tablet . Mobile phone number is ***** if this any help. Not sure how you remotely access my laptop apart from through wi-fi.
John Timms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything happening online, no response my end, are you on my case yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing has happened yet , any progress perhaps you could ring me on***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be away until Friday morning this week, so if no progress made today may have to cancel your services.
John Timms.

Sorry, I am on Eastern standard time. So, it's now about 10 til 11am. Just let me know when you'll be available in Eastern time. Thank You.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on g m t , it is just after 4 pm in UK. Retire at midnight tonight and am off early tomorrow morning until Friday 29 th. Can you get online in the next 7 hours, otherwise forget the deal.

Are you available now? If so, please click the link below, and install and run the remote software. Once the remote is running, just send me a reply here to let me know. I will check back every 10-15 minutes or so to see if you are online. Thanks!

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8fd4d858-f399-4267-bd70-fb59222ac314

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Opened the link and it asks me to open ...
Do I open to Dropbox or messenger ?

No. First you have to agree (click agree) to the terms. Then, you just save it and/or run the application. Your web browser should prompt you. I would recommend using INTERNET EXPLORER (blue E icon) for this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agreed no problem how do I "save" from here, am limited to what I can do here on my tablet. I am afraid you are dealing with an amateur ,I inherited this tablet from my deceased wife. I am stuck.

No, the remote will not run on your tablet. You need to do this on a computer. Preferably your windows computer (toshiba laptop)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ran the program on laptop, end up with Rescue by LogMe and it wants me to agree to a 2 week free trial . No way I just want it fixed. What next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ran on Internet Explorer, result "this page cannot be displayed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why don't we just put this in the "too hard" basket, cancel out and I will take laptop to local guy next Friday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well do you agree to call it a day, please respond.

Based on your last reply, it looks like your laptop is actually infected with malware and/or viruses. That why you are having trouble with the email specifically on it.

I'd recommend downloading and installing malwarebytes from the link below. Run the scan twice , and make sure it comes up clean the second time around after reboot. After that, go to control panel , programs/features, and uninstall anything called "rescue" or "logmein". Finally, reboot your computer again, and then try your mail once more.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ran malware and checked control panel, no items as noted. Problem is still there !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will not respond as on holiday without laptop until Friday 29th. Would be easier for me to give the problem to a local technician , can I cancel the deal as we seem to be going in circles ?
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need remote help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No will use local IT man, will you charge as no success achieved , no remote achieved.

Yes but that was a different expert, ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You state satisfaction guaranteed !

Yes we do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No satisfaction, problem still exist so, tried options with no success. Feel that the only way this will be solved is by face to face action by a local tech with the laptop.

OK but I only meant I use a different remote system than the first expert and we could try again.

Your satisfaction is still guaranteed and you already accepted the first experts answer so that is up to you how to proceed....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Home on Friday, will contact you then.

OK thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem fixed by local tech, I am afraid it has cost me 47.60 for no result with your set up.
Satisfaction was not guaranteed.
John Timms.