ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

Verizon advises that router needs to be replaced. They are

Verizon advises that router needs to be replaced. They are experiencing trouble with router that we recently received from them.
Category: Email
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm a little unclear on your actual question. Are you wanting instruction on how to return the router to Verizon?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Verizon advises that month old router is the problem. Is this for real or are they guessing?
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a separate modem and router or is it a modem/router combo?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
combined
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your wewbsite very difficult to navigate - confusing. Too much extraneous prompts
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thanks Steve.

Verizon, just like any service provider, has ways running tests remotely on equipment like that so if they're telling you the router is bad it is most likely bad. If you had a separate modem in the way between the line and the router, then I would say there's more of a likelihood that they're making an educated guess, but with the combo unit like that they should be correct.

If they provided it to you then they should replace it for you. Even if the unit is only a month old it can still have problems. I purchased a computer a few months ago that was a dud right out of the box. It happens.

So your next step is to replaced that router and you should be good to go. Let me know what other questions you have on this.

And before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.