Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

I currently have an email address use. I recently purchased

Customer Question

I currently have an email address for existing use. I recently purchased a MS Surface 3. Can I use the same address for both Computers or must I establish a second address?
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.

Hello Alan,

You can use the same address on both, simply make sure you go to the following link from the computer you're currently accessing the email address now:

https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

And make sure less secure apps is enabled.

Google simply sends you an email to let you know a new unknown device is trying to connect to your email account.

If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you could take a moment to click on one of the green stars at the top to rate me for my time, it would be greatly appreciated!

Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.

Regards,
Martin

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
make sure less secure apps is enabled - can you be more specific as to what this entails?
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.

Clicking the link I gave you above should take you to a Gmail/Google page where it asks you if you want it enabled or disabled, providing you're already logged into your account.

When the option arises, you must select Enabled

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Martin Hi
I am currently logged onto gmail using the 'old' computer and wish to use the same account for the MS surface 3 which as yet is not in operation . With your remote assistance will it give me access to the gmail on both machines?
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.

Are you contacting me from the old computer?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.

If so then yes

Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.

From your computer click the following link:

https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=4f2ef1e3-e36f-4424-8b2f-1f6f3edd109a

Then click Join your session -->

And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client

Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.

Martin