Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I transferred my E-mail contacts from Outlook to Thunderbird

Customer Question

I transferred my E-mail contacts from Outlook to Thunderbird by saving them first as csv files, but only names have been imported, not the e-mail addresses. Help please!
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 12 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question, I am Lorenz Vauck and I will try to help you!

Can you please open the CSV file you´ve exported from Outlook with notepad (assuming you are within Windows and not on a Mac?) and see if the email addresses are really in the CSV file? You do that by pressing the WINDOWS-KEY + R, then typing "notepad" without the quotes and press ENTER. Then you select your CSV file via the File-Menu and open it. Are there any email-addresses in it? I first would like to make sure that the exported CSV file from Outlook is correct and contains the email addresses.

If you wish, I can also help you out directly on your PC via a remote-connection. Just in case you are interested, I am making an offer for you that you can accept. If you are not interested, just decline it and we try to fix your problem via the text-chat here.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear Barry,

I´ve noticed that you´ve read my reply and offer and was wondering how we should continue from here. I would really like to fix your problem for you. Please let me know what I can do for you to achieve that to your satisfaction.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear Barry,

are you still interested in getting your problem resolved? Please let me know.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck