Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I want to know why when I try to move an email to a folder,

Customer Question

I want to know why when I try to move an email to a folder, I am now getting a green/white plus sign and the email is added to the folder, not moved to it from my inbox. Please.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cory replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I am Cory.

Is this in Outlook.com?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I believe so. It looks like Outlook.mac, which is a programme purchased five years ago for my MacBook Air
Expert:  Cory replied 3 months ago.

May I connect remotely and fix this for you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, thanks - this is my first 'Just Answer' solution, so I would like you to tell me how to fix it, please.
Expert:  Cory replied 3 months ago.

I will opt out and see if another expert can help you without remote service.

Please wait for a reply from them.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. This is approximately, my 50,000th time working with someone to help resolve their problem. I have remoted into scores of thousands of computers in my time with no problems. May I remote into your system so that I can see the problem in action and fix the problem? Otherwise, please describe the problem in more detail because I am not fully grasping what is going on regarding your problem.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Jason

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Remarkably it now seems to have fixed itself, so thanks

You are very welcome. While you have me here, is there anything else I can help with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do have one other issue, which is that whilst all my emails replicate perfectly between Apple Mac Book Air, iPad and iPhone, the calendar only replicates one way...if I enter the information via the iPhone it appears on all three, but if I enter the data on the Mac, it does not replicate onto the other two devices. Any ideas ?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.

Please tell me the name of the program you use on your Mac computer in order to access the calendar. If you don't know the name, let me know how the icon you click on looks like.

Thanks,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I use outlook, and the symbol for my calendar is a fiary page with a day number on it
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the information!

We can check the current sync settings in the Calendar. Please tell me which e-mail account you use for syncing the e-mail and calendar across the devices - does your e-mail address end in @gmail.com or @hotmail.com or @outlook.com or something else?

Thanks,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is***@******.***
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

OK. Please check if any other account is added in the Calendar by doing the following:

1. Start Calendar on your Mac computer

2. Click on the Calendar menu located in the upper left corner, near the apple logo

3. Select Preferences...

4. Click on Accounts

5. Let me know how many of them you see there, and are they all enabled?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
62; iCloud CalDAV - enabled
>BGcobweb Exchange - enabled
>*****@******.*** CalDAV - not enabled I can see that this one should perhaps be enabled, but I suspect it is not because of the g google logo - perhaps a while ago I was trying to disable my old gmail account ?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Yes, enable "*****@******.*** CalDAV" and then test the sync by adding a new calendar entry on both your Mac computer and other devices to see if it will now fully sync.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, sorry, no change...what next do you suggest ?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Sorry for the delay in response. I had to step away from the computer.

My next suggestion is to check if the Calendar check-box is checked for your account. Here is how to do that:

1. Start Calendar on your Mac computer

3. Select Accounts...

4. All added accounts will be shown on the left. Click on the one you use the Calendar on, and make sure the Calendars check-box is checked. In case you have several accounts added, you can just check the Calendars check-box for all of them, just in case another account is used for calendar sync

5. When done, add a new calendar entry on both your Mac computer and other devices to see if the sync is now fully working

Let me know the results.