Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I have a BTinternet email that I use both on my laptop & my

Customer Question

I have a BTinternet email that I use both on my laptop & my iPad. I was using my email when all of my email inbox just disappeared/deleted. Someone said that it sounded like my account got hacked into??? Is there any chance of retrieving my emails back as I had a lot important emails on there with passpwords etc???
I am waiting for my Btinternet password ***** be sent to me.
****** *********
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi Andrea, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you still able to access the problem email on your laptop?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can still access my email from both devices
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. And are the emails missing in both devices?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

What version of Windows is running on your laptop? Is it Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
10
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Andrea,

Thank you for that information.

Can I remotely access your Windows 10 computer so that I can directly check and fix your issues while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. Can you not just restore my emails?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately, nobody else can access your email account except you since only you have the password ***** he account.

I am requesting for Secure Remote Assistance so that I can assist you in recovering the missing emails. Most importantly, I will check if your computer has malware infection that caused the hacking of your account so that it will not happen again in the future.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Would you need the password
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

No. Please do not post your password ***** security reasons.

I understand that you do not favor secure remote assistance. I respect that decision. Please follow the procedures on this link to perform the necessary cleanup of your computer to ensure your system is clean and malware free:

Cleanup Procedure 1

http://technicalforum.org/how-tos/how-optimize-your-windows-pc-or-mac-safer-better-and-faster-performance

Cleanup Procedure 2

http://technicalforum.org/windows/securing-your-computer-online-threats

Please tell me when you have done the 2 cleanup procedures.

Keep me posted.

Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let me log on my laptop as I'm using my iPad at the moment
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Ok, please take your time. Here are the shortened URLS for the 2 cleanup procedures:

Cleanup 1

http://tinyurl.com/hr8ous5

Cleanup 2

http://tinyurl.com/gqur9gf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Done it
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. Using your laptop computer, are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer to access your BT email? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
MS Outlook 2010
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Please check if you are still able to send and receive an email using your Outlook 2010

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Please check in your Outlook is your account is set up as an IMAP or POP. Click on File => Account Settings => Account Settings. See if the server info there shows IMAP or POP

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
IMAP
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

Please use your web browser (not Outlook), then go to this link:

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform?s_cid=con_Furl_mail

Sign in your your BT account. Then test if ALL emails are intact there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
As this has not been resolved please could I have a full refund as it does state that if only satisfied with the outcome that payment is made. And I am not satisfied.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry if you were not satisfied with the results. Here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund