Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

I have a XBOX 360 but unfortunately I am unable to play some

Customer Question

I have a XBOX 360 but unfortunately I am unable to play some of my games due to not remembering my Family settings Password. Is there anything I can do to rectify this please as this is quite frustrating and annoying, thankyou. Hope to hear from you soon.
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible. Please sit back for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Thanks for your patience. Please first go to "Console Settings" -> "System Info", then try one of the following key sequences (one of the should reset your Xbox settings and hence also remove that annoying password!):

Press Left Trigger, Right Trigger, X, Y, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, XX, UP, Down

If this does not work, please try these (LT = Left Trigger, RT = Right Trigger, LB = Left Bumper, RB = Right Bumper)

LT RT X Y LB RB DOWN RIGHT Y X

LT RT X Y LB RB DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN

LT RT X Y LB RB Y Y X X

If none of the above does work, please just reply again and I will provide more codes to try, as it depends on the console version you have. Asking me again, involves no additional costs for you, you can reply as often as you want until I was able to solve your problem to your satisfaction. If I already was able to help you, I would very happy about a positive rating (3 to 5 stars), because only then I get paid by JustAnswer with a part of your already accomplished payment, which mediated your question to me as an independent expert.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried all those sequences but none have worked as it is still asking for the pass code in the family settings. After doing the sequences all it does is go back to the console settings menu.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it has worked how will we know or tell?

I will look up some more sequences for you, give me a few minutes please.

LT RT X Y LB RB DOWN DOWN DOWN X

If it works, it should ask you to if you want to "reset system settings". In which case you should chose "yes". But you also must make sure that you are in the "System Info" menu when entering these codes. Are you?

Some more codes to try:

LT RT X Y LB RB LEFT LEFT DOWN X
LT RT X Y LB RB RIGHT RIGHT DOWN X
LT T X Y LB RB X X DOWN A
LT RT X Y LB RB X DOWN A Y
LT RT X Y LB RB X X X RIGHT
LT RT X Y LB RB X X Y A
LT RT X Y LB RB DOWN UP UP X
LT RT X Y LB RB DOWN UP DOWN UP
LT RT X Y LB RB DOWN DOWN UP UP
LT RT X Y LB RB LEFT X Y A
LT RT X Y LB RB RIGHT LEFT X X
LT RT X Y LB RB RIGHT X X X
LT RT X Y LB RB RIGHT X X A
LT RT X Y LB RB RIGHT X Y A
LT RT X Y LB RB DOWN Y Y A
LT RT X Y LB RB A RIGHT X LEFT
LT RT X Y LB RB DOWN DOWN X DOWN
LT RT X Y LB RB DOWN DOWN X X
LT RT X Y LB RB DOWN X DOWN DOWN
LT RT X Y LB RB DOWN DOWN DOWN A
LT RT X Y LB RB DOWN UP LEFT X
LT RT X Y LB RB X X DOWN A
LT RT X Y LB RB RIGHT X DOWN X

It´s annoying indeed, I had this myself on my XBOX 360. Try all codes carefully, if none of them works, let me know again, I will look for more for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately we just seem to be going back to the console settings menu. It certainly hasn't come up with asking if we would like to reset system settings but have just seen you have sent more sequences to try so will have a go with those.

Yup, patience is required, I know this sucks, have tried for like an hour on mine too!

In any case, you must make absolutely sure that you are in the "System Info" menu when entering these codes, otherwise it will definitely not work at all. And if the code was right, it will ask you if you want to reset system settings. If it just goes back to the menu, you have to go to "System Info" and try again.

In any case, you must make absolutely sure that you are in the "System Info" menu when entering these codes, otherwise it will definitely not work at all. And if the code was right, it will ask you if you want to reset system settings. If it just goes back to the menu, you have to go to "System Info" and try the next code.

It would also be good to know your Dashboard version (shown in the System Info Menu). Then I can look for more specific codes.

P.S.: I am out for dinner for about 25 minutes and can only reply then again. Thank you for understanding.

How does it look Darren?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately have tried all of those codes/sequences to no avail. Where do we go from here??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You weren't kidding when you said this sucks!!

Hehe yes, I know. Can you please look into what Dashboard version you have? Best take a photo of the "System Info" page and attach it here. Then we can look further into this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have attached 2 screenshots of the system info page ( I couldn't get all the info on 1 page!)

OK, thanks, ***** ***** that up. Give me a few minutes please....

OK, found it, for your dashbaord version it must be:

LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, Left, Right, Left, A

or

LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, Left, Right, A

And some more to try for that Dashboard version:

LT, RT, X,Y,LB, RB, Up (on d-pad) , Y, Y, X

LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, (directional pad: left, left,down) X

LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, down, up, up, X

LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, Y, (on Pad) Down, Right, Up

Microsoft makes it difficult for it´s users as usually ! :-)

Eager to know if that worked, otherwise, you´ll have to call up Microsoft for the code (free). Just let me know. And of course, if you can leave me a positive rating (3 to 5 stars), I´d be more than happy, because only then JustAnswer pays my work at all. We can still communicate afterwards of course, I will not leave you in the dark:)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hooray!!! Million thanks Lorenz, the first one worked and we have just sorted it, many, many thanks again and I will be certainly be leaving a positive star rating. I have a very happy Son again, but it was him who put us into this problem in the first place and as promised me he won't do that again (lol)! I promise I won't bother you again (haha)!!

Ha! I am so happy too, so much efforts for you with all these keys, but worth it! And great to hear the son is happy again too. No problem, if anything else or he locks it up again, just message me:) I am wondering, which one worked for you, do you remember?

Oh sorry, you said it, the FIRST one. All right!

Thank you again for the kind rating, which made me very happy!:-) If you have any questions in the future, please enter them in the format "For expert ComputerVauck ONLY: Question ......." at the following site:

http://www.lorenzvauck.com/

It´s best if you bookmark the site directly in your browser.

I wish you a great time and remain until next time with best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
consider that done, I will get in touch again if it happens again but for my Son's sake I hope it doesn't (lol). I'll bid you good day and good night and you're welcome about the rating, you did get us out of a jam.

I am glad to hear that, thank you! Have a great night then too and greetings to your son too - happy gaming:)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's already playing one of his games he hasn't been able to. I won't see him at all now:-).

Then this also was a good solution for you I guess :)