John
John, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT industry for the past 10 years.
50152684

How do I recover information from my previous gmail account

How do I recover information from my previous gmail account to the new account
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

When is the last time you used your old gmail account (*****@******.***) ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Saterday evening
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

OK i believe you access your email using web browser (chrome,Firefox,Internet explorer) am i correct which one are you using ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not certain but I use Safari I think
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Are you using a Mac PC?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

OK in that case we can do remote support

Here is the tool to do remote support it’s called Team Viewer, to download it click on this link http://www.teamviewer.com download, install and then open it. Let me know the id and password it shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page. Closing the Team-viewer window will terminate the remote session too so please do not close Team-Viewer window after you give me the id and password. When you send me the id please insert space in-between the digits like 1 2 3 4 5 6

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Did you manage to download and install team-viewer using the link i gave?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My ID 1 6 2 6 9 8 8 9 9 Password *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is that what is required?
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Yes give me a minute there seems to be some connection issue.Let me check it

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Next to my ID on Team Viewer there is a section that reads Control Remote Computer below that is a box which is headed Partner ID Then a box which says connect to partner for me to click. Does this need to be done in order for you to connect?
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

No this is a connection error.Could you please close team viewer and wait for a minute and then open it again and let me know the id and password,No need to enter the space this time

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
O.K. will do that.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Thank you and if that don't work then will try another one.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ID 162 698 899 Password e716cx
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

OK give me a moment.

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

That also isn't working so please try the following

Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2dd5daf1-a998-47a0-a985-48d10f85d362&Type=Java that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get a java file download and run it. If it asks for permission to run click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My computer will not let me download this file.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Download or open ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Open
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

i believe you do not have java installed in the PC please download it using this link : - support.apple.com/downloads/DL1573/en_US/JavaForMacOSX10.6update17.dmg

Once that is installed try opening the remote support link i gave above.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I downloaded the above and it states that I need Mac OS X version 10.6 which I guess I do not have
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

OK please do the following to OSX version

From the Apple menu on the top left, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X”

let me know the version

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It will not open the file on my Mac
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

you mean the java file ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I mean the Java file
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

OK please do the following to find the OS X version

From the Apple menu on the top left, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X”let me know the version
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
10.9.5
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Please download the java program using this link : - support.apple.com/downloads/DL1359/en_US/JavaForMacOSX10.5Update10.dmg

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Do you have chrome browser installed in your PC ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This link is telling me that this update requires Mac OS X version 10.5 and will not open
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not know
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not know if I have a chrome browser installed.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

OK please open this link : - https://www.java.com/en/ click on Free java download and in the next page what does it show.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have downloaded that version but it is telling me that I will need to close my browser for it to enable the newly installed Java version in to the browser
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

OK please bookmark this page, use that bookmark to open this page, In case that doesn't work. Then you can get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You can also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has you justanswer user name and password ***** login.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
O.K. Thank you I will try that now
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

You are welcome.once you are back let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you John I have now installed that and I am back
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

No problem.

Now run the remote desktop link again http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2dd5daf1-a998-47a0-a985-48d10f85d362&Type=Java that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get a java file download and run it. If it asks for permission to run click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried that and again it says I cannot open it because it is from an unidentified developer My security preferences only allow downloads from the Mac store and identified developers
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I expect that you wish you had never picked up on this problem so sorry.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Its OK if none of the remote support is working we can continue on this chat page and will try to solve your gmail issue

when you open this link :- www.gmail.com which account does it take you to.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It takes me to***@******.***
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

I believe that is your new gmail account am i correct?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that is correct
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

OK first you need to sign out from that account to do that

In the top right,click your name/photo then click on sign out,see if you can sign out from that.let me know

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

here is image of where it is located on gmail page

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you I tried that and when I sign out it takes me back to the email sign in for this email address
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

You mean you are back on your***@******.*** gmail account now?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I am not back to that account yet
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Can you now try to sign in to your old email and let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Should I try that again
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

In that enter your old email address then click on next and then enter the password ***** that account then click on sign in,see if that opens your old gmail.

Let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cannot remember the password ***** this old email address and this was what started this whole mess for me.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

OK click on the forgot password then click on try a different question below the next let me know what all options it shows

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They say they will send me a text message to my phone. Now guess what My phone does not seem to be working. I am just retesting my phone to see what could be wrong
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

OK so the phone number it showed is to your current phone am i correct ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that is correct. Please bear with me I am trying this again I have now fixed the problem with my phone
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Sure no problem i will wait.try sending the code to your phone and then enter that code in the gmail password ***** page and then create a new password.

Let me know once you are done

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you so much I have now got my old gmail account back and up and running. Thank you so much for your advice and patience. I hope you do not have more difficult calls like this one. Regards Sheila
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Really glad to know you are back online.Thank you for your cooperation and patience too.

Please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

john

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
5 Star Rating for sure. Goodbye John.