Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have just bought an apple ipod. When connecting to my

Customer Question

i have just bought an apple ipod. When connecting to my laptop, it required the latest ipod software to be downloaded. Unfortunately after many tries it eventually stops by saying the software won't allow the completion of the download. I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop and was wondering whether windows 10 is causing the problem.Any ideas?
Richard Groenewald
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you have itunes install on the computer?

Are you doing it via this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ITunes was on my computer.Initially, when I connected the ipod to the laptop, it said that it needed the latest iTunes version, which could be downloaded from the connextions given. This did not work, even after a few tries. Then tried to download an update from the laptop itunes, and the same rely received.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, so to confirm, the issue as it stands is getting iTunes onto your computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

First, uninstall the current version of iTunes by going to control panel, click on uninstall a program and click on itunes

Then once uninstalled, restart the computer

Click on this link below

www.itunes.com

And download and install iTunes again and tell me please if it now installs.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID###-##-#### Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

connecting