Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

For some months now, we've been experiencing problems with

Customer Question

For some months now, we've been experiencing problems with our tiscali email account. I appreciate that this account is extremely old now - but until an apple account "help-desk" told us to make changes, we're having real problems....
HELP - Please
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your email issues. Can you please tell me more about what problems are you having with your email?

Also, are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Jess, at last -a human being responding to our problem, excuse the sarcasm, it's nice to hear from you - possibly with a resolution to our e-mail problem.We have an iMAC desktop PC and both my wife and I use various other devices - again all of them Apple - (iPhones iPads) and curiously, these are all ok in relation to sending and receiving e-mails and of course accessing the Internet. Harry
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. So you are all using Apple products. Can you please describe the email problem further? Are you unable to send and receive using your tiscali email account?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Jess - Perhaps I should add that some months ago, we used apple support staff to attempt to resolve this problem. It was futile, in that it was actually worse. The main problem seems to be that having retained Tiscali's services (inc. e-mail etc.) despite them having been "taken over" by Talk Talk - we are unable to get any support.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we can send and receive via our Tiscali account using the "ancillary" devices mentioned above. The problem is solely with the iMac Desktop machine, which ONLY permits us to receive messages NOT TO SEND and/or forward them.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for that information. So the problem is with the IMac machine only, not with the other devices. And the problem is not being able to send emails there.

Can I remotely access that iMac so that I can directly check the problems and fix them while you watch?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Because we have a number of accounts which send us various discreet documents -directly to our iMac device, if we wish to respond to them, we would have fwd'ed them to a particular device (iPhone or iPad etc.) and that would have been ok. We find that we cannot forward documents from the iMac to ANY other device.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Jess - my apologies, but am I expected to provide any other information etc.. or just wait until you contact me..?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using our additional service of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session on your IMac.
1. Please click on this link if you are on the IMac now. If you are using another device to chat with me, manually enter the URL below in your Safari browser:
https://join.me/
2. In that page, please click on the orange "Start meeting" button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. After downloading, double click on the downloaded file to run the remote access tool to join me in the remote session.
5. Then share your screen and then give me the 9-digit code that you will see in the small JoinMe window. I will be waiting for the 9-digit code.
Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Harry,

How is it going? Were you able to download the JoinMe tool? If yes, please make sure to run or open it, share your screen, and then give me the 9digit code.

Here is the link for detailed procedures in using JoinMe:

http://help.join.me/knowledgebase/articles/149032-start-a-meeting-on-a-pc-or-mac

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Jess, this is driving me crazy - neither my wife or I can follow anything we read on the screen - so we've decided to use someone locally tomorrow morning. It will certainly be much cheaper for us, and hopefully successful. Thank you for your efforts - clearly, despite a lifetime spent in a senior management role within the IS/IT environment, I'm afraid that my skills are sadly lacking... Cordially, Harry
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Harry,

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry if you were not able to perform the procedures I gave you. If I could just help you further, but that only happens when we are successfully connected through a secure remote session.

Just let me know any time if you need further assistance with this. I will still be here to assist you further.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess