Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

How do I recover information from my previous e-mail account

Customer Question

How do I recover information from my previous e-mail account***@******.***
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Some 10 weeks ago I suddenly became unable to send or receive emails on this account. I called in a computer company who arranged a new account***@******.*** but failed to open the emails which presumably piled up on the old account. I have advised those in my address book of the change, but am concerned how few emails have been received so far on the new outlook account.. Retrieval of the old account emails would enable me to establish contact as necessary with any organisations which may have been trying to alert me of any special offers eg holiday, weekend breaks etc
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. What exactly is the error message that you are getting when sending and receiving emails from this old account fails?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
error message was 'unable to connect to server'
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Have you tried to access your email account using the webmail or the web browser?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

And were you able to login to your email account in the webmail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Why? What is the error message?