Frederick S
Frederick S, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician; founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

I cannot sign in to my account. I have been round and round

Customer Question

I cannot sign in to my account.
I have been round and round and round the troubleshooting etc.
Google says it cannot verify it is me, even though I put in the verification code sent to me.
Google also thinks I have a very old and now non existent email address with what was onetel, in the name of Su Lennox. - But then tells me that somebody already exists with my current email address of***@******.***
This is sending me mad
Please tell me how to access my google account.
Su
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

Hi Su. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

If your Onetel email address is no longer valid, what about the security question,

"What was your first phone number" ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have answered this correctly every time I was asked.
It was
Brockenhurst 2268
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why is it that I cannot just ask Google itself to sort this out?
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

If that's what was entered as an answer for the question and the next thing that happens is that Google

asks you when you created the account, it means that wasn't the answer Google was looking for.

Since these gmail accounts are free, Google doesn't hire thousands of people to deal with these issues

but instead set up a system where the user supplies information to satisfy Google that they are indeed

the account owner. If you don't know your password, can't answer the security question, don't have a phone number on file

or a valid alternate email address then they ask more detailed questions. If those can't be answered to their satisfaction,

you won't be able to gain access.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a valid ,mobile number (phone)
Google says it recognises my current email address of***@******.***
hence I cannot even set up a new account.
What am I supposed to do?
The onetel address has not existed for many years.
What can I do???
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

You certainly should be able to set up another gmail account.

What step in the process do you get stopped at?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when I put in my current email address - it tells me that somebody already exists with this address. and thus will not let me go any further.
The somebody is me.
I first set up a google a/c back in...2000 2001. somewhere back the, when I was working (freelance) and my email address was***@******.***. They have not existed for many years. I do not remember when I then set up a google email address.
it's driving me crazy !
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

OK. You can do this: go to https://account.live.com/

click Create Account. Use the address *****@******.*** (it's not likely anyone else is using this)

This will be an address you use only for the account creation process. Once you have that account created,

return to Google and create another gmail account using the Outlook address when requested.

I have 3 gmail accounts myself and as long as you supply what they need you can create as many gmail

accounts as you like.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

If you are entering***@******.*** as the address you are trying to create

it will be rejected as that address already exists. Email addresses are like fingerprints

and DNA, each is unique.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't understand this.
How will an address which isn't my normal email address then apply to my account, for which google HAS my current email address??
I don't want/understand/a different address... how will any information relate to my actual google account?
they will not be relating to my actual account.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm feeling that this is hopeless.
I just want google to let me into my account/recognise me and my email address - which is my only email address, so I use it for everything/body.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

Unless you supply Google with the information they seek you will not be able to regain access to that account.

Neither I nor anyone else on this site will be able to get you back in to that account (*****@******.***)

We don't have a back door into the Google system to grant you access.

Contact Customer Service at 0***-***-**** and they can process a credit to your card.