Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Over the last couple of months e-mails that I have sent to

Over the last couple of months e-mails that I have sent to my bank have been prefixed, after being sent, with the word "SUSPECT" on the subject line. I have lodged a complaint with the bank but they have suggested that this is not being done by their system and they have suggested that "the issue stems from my e-mail provider applying a filter to the Bank's e-mails".
Your comments would be appreciated.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

First, which email program are you using? And via which email service provider?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Program is Microsoft and my service provider is BT.I do not believe that you need to connect to my PC.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thats the website offering.

Microsoft is a company, can you tell me please exactly which program you use?

And what is the part of your email address AFTER the @ please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand your question I am not very computer literate, sorry.
@btinternet.com
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, how exactly do you access your emails, via which program?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, thank you for your patience. I access the e-mail facility via Outlook.
Can I please emphasise that it is only one recipient where the problem occurs i.e. my bank. I have no problem with any other e-mails. The bank are suggesting that the problem lies with BT. I find this hard to accept. I know one e-mail to the bank had an attachment which I subsequently found out they suppress for fear of viruses. All subsequent e-mails, without attachments, have had "SUSPECT" added. I believe they have 'tagged' my e-mail address but they say they haven't.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is not BT, that is 100% else you would hear about this on the news (as all customers would have this issue).

Which version of outlook do you use? eg: 2016?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Outlook 2007 cannot do this, and BT is not doing this, which means it is the banks software and this you cannot rectify as it is outside of your control.

If the bank is not going to solve this on their system, then the only option left is to make a free email account at gmail here

https://accounts.google.com/SignUpWithoutGmail?hl=en

Then use this for the communications with the bank.

If the bank will not remove this flag in their system about your email John, this is the only way